Coronavirus (COVID-19) and Equiniti
Ensuring the welfare of our employees and continuity of service to our customers
As the impact of Coronavirus is being felt across the world, we are taking every possible action to ensure the welfare of our colleagues and continuity of service to our customers.
Our global service is relied upon by millions, and because of that we have well established business continuity and pandemic plans that are being actioned daily by our most senior leadership team.
We are responding to this threat in four ways:
1. Colleague Wellbeing
The welfare of colleagues is our top priority. We have put the following measures in place to ensure their safety:
• Daily communications on health, social distancing, self-isolation, homeworking and welfare
• A newly created hub on our intranet with access to all the latest information and advice
• A dedicated mailbox for colleagues to submit queries and concerns
• Working from home - all colleagues who are able to are now working from home and following the latest Government issued guidance
• For those who remain in the office because it is critical to the delivery of essential services, we are following Government issued guidance on social distancing and hygiene. We are providing medial grade hand sanitiser and have followed deep cleaning protocols across our business
• We have discretionary pay plans in place for those who are ill or unable to work
2. Operational delivery
We are taking every possible action to ensure continuity of service to our clients:
• Customer Experience Centre - ensuring that our lines remain open by amending the operating times, prioritising calls and asking customers to contact us online
• Customer Data Protection Rights – ensuring our obligations continue to be met in line with legal requirements and guidance from the ICO, however please note that where postal responses are required, there may be delays. Please contact DPO@equiniti.com for further information.
• Vulnerable customers - prioritising their needs
• Critical processes - identifying and protecting
• IT infrastructure, support and security - to support a greater level of home working
3. Continued planning and readiness
We are constantly reviewing and acting on guidance from the Government and World Health Organization. We are maintaining and implementing our business continuity plans and reviewing our readiness to respond. Our senior leadership steering committee meets daily to:
• Monitor global and national developments
• Ensure that we provide relevant and up to date advice to colleagues across our organisation in the UK, USA, India and mainland Europe
• Ensure that Equiniti’s contingency plans are adequate in response to the changing Coronavirus situation
• Act as a decision making forum for individual circumstances and invoking contingency plans
4. Supplier management
We have assessed our most critical suppliers and reviewed their capability to respond. We are in regular dialogue with them throughout this time to ensure they continue to meet our requirements.
We understand the business critical services we carry out for customers. Meticulous and extraordinary measures are being put in place by our highly experienced team considering all aspects of our service - for individuals and businesses alike - and we will continue to work tirelessly to deliver during these uncertain times.